- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. REDUCE HEAT (medium, medium-low) and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
ALTERNATE COOK METHODS:
*For best results, use stove top cooking method.*
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Cover tightly with microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap and cook on HIGH using times below.
- Reduce to MEDIUM (50%) for 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from microwave. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate. Adjust cooking time as needed.
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) into rice cooker.
- Follow the rice cooker manufacturer’s instructions.
Note: Use the rice cooker measuring cup; using another measuring cup may produce slight variations in the cooked rice.
For Best Results
- For FIRMER RICE, use less water and reduce cooking time.
- For SOFTER RICE, use more water and increase cooking time.