- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. REDUCE HEAT (medium, medium-low) and cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
ALTERNATE COOK METHODS:
*For best results, use stove top cooking method.*
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Cover tightly with microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap and cook on HIGH using times below.
- Reduce to MEDIUM (50%) for 12-17 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from microwave. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate. Adjust cooking time as needed.
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) into rice cooker.
- Follow the rice cooker manufacturer’s instructions.
Note: Use the rice cooker measuring cup; using another measuring cup may produce slight variations in the cooked rice.
For Best Results
- For FIRMER RICE, use less water and reduce cooking time.
- For SOFTER RICE, use more water and increase cooking time.
Meal Occasion: Any Day
Uncle Ben's believes in the value of sharing a meal together. This rice helps you create a delicious and wholesome meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. Why not try adding your family's favorite veggies, herbs, spices, and proteins? For more healthy recipes, visit our recipe finder.